Monday, January 23, 2012

Sorry

Life can be exhausting sometimes, but it's just so good!  Last week was crazy!  Work has not quite slowed down as much as I was expecting.  Life outside of work has really ramped up too.  This whole, having a boyfriend business is a little time consuming!!  But I'm not complaining - just apologizing for not keeping the blog updated.
I hit my goal weight!  It is so strange to not be trying to lose weight anymore.  This is the first time I can remember that I haven't been trying to lose!  Liz and I went shopping over the weekend and I was shocked at the size I now fit into.  It's so nice to have clothes that fit again!  Now to clean out my closet and dresser to make room...that is the real challenge!

My uncle also had 5 bypasses last week and then had to go back into surgery the next day, because he was in such excruciating pain.  When they went back in, they found that the surgeon had left a sponge in his chest.  Now, I'm not a medical professional (in fact, just writing about these things kinda makes me a little whoozey), but from what I understand, that should never ever happen.  Thank you to everyone who prayed!  Please keep praying.  They took him off the ventilator finally on Sunday and he remains in stable condition.  Everyone is very optimistic!

I think I may have said this before, but it was really impressed on me this morning - we have to work for wisdom...

Apply your heart to instruction 
   and your ears to words of knowledge. Proverbs 23:12





We need to be listeners, and we need to be listening to the right things.  Lord, give me ears to hear today!


Have a great one!

1 comment:

  1. Your family should sue that surgeon for every red cent he makes.

    ReplyDelete