Thursday, January 12, 2012

Anxiety


An anxious heart weighs a man down, 
   but a kind word cheers him up. v 25



As someone who struggles with anxiety, this verse stood out to me.  Speaking from experience, anxiety certainly does weigh you down.  In fact, it makes you feel like you are completely stuck in the mud.  Anxiety steals hope and replaces it with fear. It even physically makes you feel bad.  Often, it has the power to stop me dead in my tracks and affects almost all aspects of my life, including relationships.


Thank goodness there's a "but!"  A kind word can really go so far to lift someone's spirits.  It got me thinking about how you never really know where people's hearts are when you come into contact with them.  What if your kind word could help lift them out of the mud, change their day and help their relationships.  It could be a stranger or someone you know well.  We can never have enough kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment