Thursday, November 17, 2011

Spin Class = Oww

Today I'm thankful for my friends who motivate me to go to the gym when I REALLY don't want to get on a bike at 6 am and sweat like crazy!!

I would have totally stayed in bed this morning if I didn't know Liz and Jessie would be expecting me!

(On a side note, I have to add that my bed was particularly comfortable this morning.  Funny story about last night.  I told you about the bite type things on my legs.   Well last night after I got home from work I thought I'd give my bed one more check for the bed bugs before I went to the gym.  We ALL know how I feel about bugs  and when I thought there was a possibility I could have bed bugs I started having almost an anxiety attack!  I was soooo freaked out.  As I was checking the bed for bugs and signs of bugs, my friend (who was away at the lake with me this weekend) texted me that she just found bites on her foot!  I didn't think it was possible for me to freak out more, but it was!  Then I found 2 bugs that I didn't think looked like bed bugs, but I couldn't really tell and no one else was home.  So I did what any rational person would do...I sat on my floor and cried.  One of my roommates came home about that time and assured me that the bug I found was not a bed bug.  That put me a little at ease, but didn't stop me from tearing my bed apart.  Like I moved the mattress and box spring off the bed frame and did a thorough inspection.  Then I cleaned under my bed and vacuumed.   
 Then i vacuumed my bed frame, box spring and mattress.  Then lysoled them and washed my sheets, pjs and mattress cover in HOT water (not to mention anything that went to Deep Creek or touched anything that went to Deep Creek.)  Coupled with the internet research (I am soooo thankful for google) and the frantic laundry washing, it was 10:30 before I slowed down.  In case you were worried, the bug I found in my room is a carpet beetle larva.  Like I said, I'm thankful for google!)

Needless to say I did not make it to the gym, which makes me extra thankful I had Liz and Jessie to motivate me this morning to get out of my extremely clean and warm sheets and newly flipped and fluffed mattress.  (Have I told you I have the most comfortable bed in the world?  I do...it's a proven fact.  Flipping it just makes it that much better.)  

So today I'm thankful for motivational friends, google and NO BEDBUGS (although I still have no idea what bit my legs).  :-)

I'm not sure I'll be thanking them when my legs and butt are sore and it hurts to sit down, but no pain no gain, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment