Thursday, November 3, 2011

Do You See What I See?

Do you see what I see?

To me this is more that the beginning of my morning commute.

Do you see the cross?

I love when random things remind me of something with a totally different meaning.  Something important to me.  Something meaningful deep in my soul.  There are examples all around us.  I saw this telephone poll this morning, with the beautiful pink and blue sky in it's background, and thought of the cross.

To say I'm thankful does not do this emotion, this truth, justice.  Forgiven, clean, free.   Full of life.  I only am because of Christ's sacrifice on a cross looking not all that different from this telephone pole.  His agony is my redemption.

"Thank You for the cross my Friend..." (Matt Redman, "Once Again")

What do you see today?

Added note: I would be remiss to not update you on David today.  David has started chemotherapy and is responding well.  He's joking with people and showing so much strength.  We are looking at a miracle.  His heart stopped and he stopped breathing two times last week.  Carlos had to fill out the papers for funeral arrangements.  The doctors who said there was no hope last week are now hopeful he will recover.  It's still a long road.  This form of cancer is apparently very aggressive.  Please keep praying that he continues to respond to treatment and the doctors continue to have wisdom on how to treat him.  Thankfully the Mexican government will most likely take care of the medical bills.  However, because Carlos cannot work and they have had to transplant their family to be close to the hospital, they are using the donations to help the family with food and housing.  If you're interested in donating, please go to the Cuirim Outreach facebook page.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment