Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I complained yesterday

Sadly, in a moment of weakness, I threw my thankful attitude out the window and vented to my co-worker that I wanted to run away screaming!!
Why is it so easy to forget what we're thankful for?  When life overwhelms and you realize you just don't have any control - fear, anxiety and frustration start to take root.  If you let them, they grow and grow, because they are so easy to nourish.  Our friends even help us water them without even knowing it!  Pretty soon, they rule our hearts and our attitudes and complaining goes back to being our natural instinct.
Today, however, I'm not going to let them take root.  Instead I'm going to be thankful that I DON'T have the control and someone else does.  Rather than get frustrated when things aren't going my way, instead of letting anxiety flourish when I just don't know how it will all get done, I will BE THANKFUL that Some One else has an amazing plan, that I just need to let Him work out.


Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."


I'm thankful for hope.  I'm thankful that the One who created life lives in me and has amazing plans for this life.  I think I'll focus not this today.

No comments:

Post a Comment