Monday, November 21, 2011

Ketchup

Or Catch-up...I crack myself up.  Sorry if that wasn't so funny for you all!
So, if you think I fall off the grid from Friday-Sunday, you are correct.  I pretty much hibernate from the internet (except to check fantasy football scores) and it's fantastic!!!  So, back to Friday...
We've had our audit going on at work, which has kept me seriously busy.  Friday I was thankful for a break in the madness to go out to lunch with my co-workers AND to visit Starbucks for Buy One Get One Holiday Latte Happy Hour.  It's the little things people.  I was also very thankful for my friend Patrick, who's birthday we celebrated that night.  Patrick is an incredible friend and I'm so thankful I get to talk to him almost every day!
Saturday I was thankful for my two legs!  Our 20s and 30s group held our annual Turkey Bowl football game on Saturday morning and my friend Liz had the bright idea to run to the field from my house (about 4 miles).  Because I'm insane, I also thought it was a good idea.  I haven't run outside in a while, so it was definitely a challenge, but it felt great to do it!!  Then that night a group of us went country line dancing.  Amazingly my legs kept working - even though it may have looked like I had 2 left feet!
Sunday I was thankful for my bed!  I got to sleep in for the first time in a while (past 8 am).  I also finally got to take a fantastic Sunday afternoon nap - one of my simple pleasures.  At church it was baptism Sunday and my friend Kim got baptized.  I am so thankful for her friendship and I'm so proud of her!!
And today I'm thankful for short work weeks.  I love my job, but a few days off is REALLY nice!!
Happy Birthday to Cynthia today! I love our Jane Austen nights! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment