Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Family part 2

God knew what He was doing when He picked out my family (well, I guess that goes without saying, since He always knows what He's doing.) I shared my Georgia family with you last month, but you haven't met my Dad's side.  We are a bit smaller, but the fun, generosity, goofiness and love still abounds!
Here we are a couple of years ago....
I have no idea why we did this, but we did. (And to be honest, I loved every second of it.)

You can see Granny gets in on the fun too, although she wasn't too please about messing up her hair!  I am so thankful for my Granny.  She'll be celebrating her 94th birthday this New Years Eve and is still going strong.  She's always been such an important part of my life and some of my best memories from growing up are the times I spent with her and my Grandpop!  They had the best movies at their house, planned the best day trip adventures and we always had donuts for breakfast and cheese and crackers for snack (yeah, not so thankful for that part - still trying to lose that "baby fat"!)

Of course we threw her a big bash for the big 9-0!
I guess it's time to start planning what to do for 95!  She told me we're going to Vegas for 100!! :-)

For now, I'll just be thankful that we'll all be back in that dining room on Thursday.  My cousin will be back from her first year away at college and my uncle will hopefully be home from spending most of the year overseas!  I am sooo excited to see them.

There is really nothing like family!

No comments:

Post a Comment