Friday, March 2, 2012

Before and After

Before, I hated shopping...
Before, the beach was a bit of a curse...
Before, finding an outfit to wear was like punishment...
Before, I ate because I was bored, happy, stressed out, emotional...
Before, I actually looked just fine and was beautiful inside and out - I sometimes had a hard time believing that...

But now - oh but now!!!
After, I kinda like shopping, in fact, I can't wait to buy a new bathing suit...
After, getting dressed in the morning is easy...
After, I can run faster and longer than I ever thought I could...
After, I actually find the time to get up extra early in the morning to get that workout in...
After, I eat to nourish my body, to give me energy, and yes, also still because it tastes delicious!!!
After, I still look just fine and beautiful inside and out - and I STILL sometimes have a hard time believing that...

And the whole time - the whole entire time - I knew I was God's child....
The scale can never dictate the deep deep love that I know because of my Savior...
My weight will never define my worth...

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14


I'm so happy I lost over 30 pounds in about 5 months, and have kept the weight off already for 6 weeks (in Weight Watchers lingo, that means I'm now a lifetime member!), but I'm reminded that there are so many more important things in life than how much I weigh!  Taking better care of my body certainly helps me live this life more fully though!!  I'll have to find some before and after pictures to share!  And now that I shared this accomplishment with you, it's even more motivation to keep it off.


Have a great weekend!  Live joyfully and fully!!

1 comment:

  1. so proud of you....what an accomplishment. i'm sure hoping after i have baby #3 that i might get some of your inspiration & wisdom to do the same thing :) thanks for being so open/vulnerable about your journey....

    ReplyDelete