Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Count'n 'em

Peace.
I thought I had plenty.  Until my Bible study this week was on peace and I was talking to Seth about how I'm having a hard time applying the week because I don't feel like I'm missing peace right now.  Even as he chuckled a little and said, "Seriously?!" I started to remember Friday night, when I sorta freaked out, because he improvised on a recipe I was making.  And then the times my anxiety has ruled in the recent past came flooding into my mind.  My desire to control the things around me shrinks my life.  This is not truly living.
Is it because I lack trust in God to control things, that I feel that I must do it myself (even though, my control is just a facade anyway - none of us really have control around our circumstances)?
Ann Voskamp offers an interesting solution - "Count blessings and discover Who can be counted on."  Yeah, that should do it.
Here's a little blessing I visited last night.  She's about to be a big sister.

Determined to remain grateful today!

No comments:

Post a Comment