Friday, October 28, 2011

David Update

David still needs our prayers.  From what I can gather on the Cuirim Outreach facebook page, it looked like they were expecting to lose him on Monday.  They prayed and were ready to say their goodbyes, but he woke up on Tuesday, somewhat revived.  He was eating a little bit and playing.  He says when he goes back to Nogales, he wants cakes, clowns, a parade and pinatas!  I think anyone who knows him would give all they could for him to get home and have all the treats he wants!!
(Carlos and David - from Cuirim Outreach on FB)
The truth is, if David can stabilize he still has a long road ahead of him.  The doctors are quite surprised that he keeps rallying and that he's still with us.  Thank you so much for praying.  He remains in the hospital 4 hours South of Nogales where he'll start chemo today.  The most immediate prayer concern right now is that they are able to find enough platelet donors.  They sent a group down from Nogales the other day, and there's a group leaving from Nogales on Saturday night at 5 pm.

One of my best friends and I were talking about it this week.  She has been to Mexico and knows David and his family and what truly special people they are.  She told me that she broke down in tears on her way to work the other day when she was thinking about David.  How unfair it is that his dad has done so much for their community and already overcome so many trials in his life and then this happens.  How helpless it feels to be so far away.  How much the world will be missing if this sweet boy goes home to Jesus now. We both agreed we'd drain our blood dry to give this boy what he needs.  A part of me wants to hop on the next plane so I can travel with them to give platelets.  Can you donate platelets and send them to another country?  I would do it.

Our talk made me reflect on Someone else who bled to save another.  Jesus literally drained himself dry for us.  He hung on a cross in agony and then they pierced His side, causing all of His blood to pour out and hit the ground.  He did it willingly.  He poured it ALL out.  Because of the sickness of sin that's killing us.  I am so humbled.  Blood saves lives.  Usually we can just give a little and not even notice it's gone to save another person.  It's not comfortable (I pass out when I give blood), but it's not a big deal.  To save us though it took everything.  Do you know how much love it takes to give EVERYTHING??  Jesus loves you and me this much.  It's amazing.

Thanks for your prayers.  I will try to keep you updated.

Have a safe and happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment