Friday, July 22, 2011

Mascara and Lip Gloss with Straight Hair

Alright, I admit it - I can be really lazy about my hair, especially when it's hot and humid.  Most mornings in the summer I leave it curly (because the humidity will curl it inevitably - ever seen that Friends with Monica's hair? yeah, that's me) and it's in a ponytail by the time I get to my office at work.  But this week I've been straightening it, only because I just got it cut.  I will never confess how much I pay to get my hair done, but I believe wholeheartedly that it's worth every penny and it inspires me to keep it straight for at least a few days!

So I walk into the office with my straight hair today and someone comments immediately on how different I look with straight hair and if I just add some mascara and lip gloss I'd have my weekend look ready (I'm wondering if this is a bit of a commentary on my single status)!  I was wearing lip gloss and mascara though!!!  Oh boy - I guess it's time to start wearing more makeup.  I didn't use to wear it to work, but then Mark Clayton from the Ravens showed up and I decided from then on it would be worth it to put a little more effort into my work look.  Apparently it's not been enough effort yet!

I could probably do a whole post of all the funny things people say to me at work.  Some of it I think is cultural differences, but they are still funny, nonetheless.  For example, in the past month alone I've received international e-mails where I've been called naughty, sweet and the devil!!  There is also a plethora of dating advice available from the people in my office.  My favorite was when a co-worker explained to me that my dating disasters all boil down to one fact - my picker's broke! When I stared at her blankly, she went on to explain that women's pickers don't work right, we always will pick the guys that are wrong for us, so we have to let the man pick us.  I think I see what she was getting at, but it still cracks me up every time I think about that conversation.  This is also the person who I overheard telling another co-worker a few years ago that "just cause Britney (Spears) aint wear no underwears, don't make her no bad mom." I'm not EXACTLY sure what that means, but again, can't stop laughing whenever I think of it - after my head stops spinning.  

I wish I had a good picture of my frizzy hair, but apparently it's always in a ponytail, or I somehow manage to have it straight for pictures.  Instead, I'll leave you with this.  I was delirious at 3 am when we took this picture of our mission team about to leave for Mexico.  I meant to blog that morning from the airport, but totally forgot!  I think we look pretty good for 3 am on a Sunday!
 I miss seeing these guys every day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment