Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Did someone say work from home?

The AC is out in the office today (again)...
How long should I wait for them to fix it before I go home to work?  That is definitely a perk of Finance - excel spreadsheets can be worked on anywhere!  (On a side note, my co-worker is very depressed that he can't use his new I <3 spreadsheets coffee mug today, because it's too hot for coffee...no joke!) I'm somewhat afraid to get out of my chair at this point.  I made a lucky last minute wardrobe change this morning from pants and a top to a summer dress, but I'm still sweating profusely!  Let me tell you, my office is not a pretty place today!!
I was working on a 4th of July post yesterday, but my laptop at home froze in the middle of writing it and I lost my enthusiasm.  I'll get that up soon I hope.  It was a great weekend though, with lots of celebrations, great weather, friends, family and baby holding.  It's a short work week and then I'm off to Mexico!!  I'll have a post about that this week too.  Sorry for all the teasers and none of the juicy details this morning.  The heat is affecting my ability to think.  In the meantime, here's a picture from Saturday night's celebration:
My good friend C is home from Africa unexpectedly for a short while.  I got to celebrate with her family at Oregon Ridge and the BSO on Saturday night.  I'm so blessed to have such a great group of really amazing friends.  C and her family are great!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Val! I didn't know you had a blog! So cool!! =) I hope you cool off soon! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete