Monday, August 1, 2011

I murdered a mango

It was ugly this morning.  I bought some fresh mango at the grocery store and was so excited to have it for breakfast this morning.  My brain apparently died when I went to the kitchen to cut it up though and had pretty much destroyed it by the time my memory came back.  No worries though - I did manage to salvage some pieces and enjoy a little bit with breakfast!  Yep - it's been a special morning so far!
I can't believe it's August.  I spent the end of July with a whirlwind of a weekend.
I visited my aunt and cousins and thoroughly enjoyed breakfast on the deck on Saturday morning.  We had a great time consignment store shopping and my aunt convinced me to buy some treasures for my house.  You can tell just from her patio that she has amazing taste, so I'll always take decorating advice :-)
I celebrated the birthday of a good friend on my way home and decided that funfetti icing is the best invention ever.  I usually like to make my own icing, but was feeling stressed and overwhelmed last week when I baked her cake, so I went for the less time consuming route.  Umm...delicious! Thank you Funfetti!
I had a friend join me for church on Sunday, which was a nice surprise Sunday morning.  The sermon was on James 3 - taming your tongue.  I've been working on applying that lesson A LOT today!  Isn't it funny how God brings to light that stuff right away that you need to work on?!
Sunday night I had the opportunity to give my testimony about how God worked in my life through the Nogales trip.  I was definitely nervous, but once I got up there it was great!  I so so so appreciate my amazing friends who prayed and came to support me!
Lots going on this week, but I'm going to stick to my commitment to one night a week to myself.  I also need to get back to my challenge of a photo a day.  Let's see if I can find some inspiration today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment