Thursday, October 14, 2021

Holding Pattern

 We are still doing ok over here!  Last week was crazy busy with appointments and regular 3rd trimester pregnancy testing and this week has just been about catching back up.  

The good news is that there is no real news to come out of last week's appointments.  I'm doing fine (if fat and tired is considered fine :-)) and baby girl is still fighting.  The fluid in her lateral ventricles did increase slightly from my ultrasound two weeks prior, but not aggressively.  The doctor explained that there are 3 scenarios we can see in our appointments going forward - 1) the fluid stabilizes and just stops growing, 2) fluid growth stays on the same trajectory 3) fluid growth spikes (which is when there's an issue).  We're happy that we seem to be in scenario 2 and are praying to stay there or scenario 1 (or the fluid decreasing, which we know God can do!)  Everything else is still looking great.  She passed her punching and kicking tests with flying colors (which did not surprise me in the least) and we saw her taking practice breathes, which is also a great sign.  She even gave us a smile, which may have made my eyes a little leaky!

Her smile made me realize how thankful I am for this time with her right now.  When we first got the news of the fluid on her brain, every kick, punch and squirm was a reminder that she wasn't ok.  Every time Colton hugged my belly or talked to her, it took everything I had not to burst into tears.  But now, it fills me with so much joy that this little girl is a living part of our family already!  I'm so glad Colton can feel her kicks and interact with her and will always have these precious memories.

We are still filled with hope that although life may have some more challenges for her (or maybe not!), she is going to live a meaningful life.

My next appointment is this coming Monday.  Please continue to pray with us for full physical healing of her brain.  Pray that the fluid growth would not spike.  Pray that God would continue to fill us with His hope and peace.

Thanks again for being a part of this journey with us!

2 comments:

  1. Baby Girl Young is beautiful, smiling already, made my eyes leaky too.....hugs & luvs...hug & kiss handsome for me....continously praying hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your family are in my prayers. Your faith is seeing you through. Your prayers are being answered and that little one knows she is loved. I believe God is healing and blessings are coming as you carry this child to full term.

    ReplyDelete