Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wow

Thank you all for sharing your struggles with me too!  I think one of the reasons God created us to live in community is so that we can encourage each other just like this!  Life isn't easy, and I know some people struggle more than I can even imagine - but no one is alone!  I felt so encouraged by the people who sent me kind words and shared their stories with me.  You all are awesome!  


So...while I don't want any of you to fall into the trap of obsession with food and exercising, I was thinking it might be fun to share some links/tools that help me make good choices in my journey to stay healthy.  I want to take some pictures, so that post will be coming soon.  


Do you all read any blogs or frequent any websites or have any helpful tips for living a healthy lifestyle?  Maybe we can include them in the comments of that post.  It's amazing how much great stuff is out there!  i love reading about people's journeys - our stories have some much power to encourage others!


It's also amazing how much crazy stuff is out there!  Do you know there are blogs dedicated solely to tearing down other people who blog?  There are people researching other's lives, making guesses about what mistake they'll make next.  Seems like so much energy you could direct somewhere else!


I feel like I'm starting to get a little rambly, so I will leave you with a verse that I was praying through this morning... 


Search me, God, and know my heart; 
    test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
    and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24



Like I said, one thing that really makes me anxious is food, and that is not how God wants me to live.  Thank the Lord, He IS leading me in the way everlasting, so I can look at things like this and still feel relaxed...
Cupcake wars at work. AMAZING!

Dinner at my dear friends'.  They are amazing, generous and talented women of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment