Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Do you see what I see?

I've got a joke for you!
Why did the chicken cross the road, er, ugh, I mean tracks?
Oh - you've heard that one before?
Well that's ok, I don't know the answer anyway.
But what I do know is this...
I was late for the train today, and it just pulled away while I was getting out of my car.  I've chilled out A LOT with my obsession of getting the early train, so I took it in stride, pulled out my book and passed the time, glad to be outside on the first day of summer!  That's when I heard the sound - a low pitched scream coming from the bushes.  I looked over.
Do you see it?

And I thanked God that I missed that train, so that I could see this funny sight!  And I was reminded that my day can be filled with moments like this, when I slow down and live in the present.

I have no idea where she came from, or where she was going, but I was glad to start my day with her.

"Be still, and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10a


Yep, today I'm thankful for a run in with a chicken :-)  What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

  1. i guess the answer is that the chicken crossed the road to get to the maryland state fair ...

    ReplyDelete