Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Result

I made that!  (I meant to post this before, but forgot!)  This was the result of my glass blowing last week.

"But who can endure the day of his coming? Who can stand when he appears? For he will be like a refiner’s fire or a launderer’s soap. " Malachi 3:2


Similar to how fire refined and reshaped this glass, I feel like I've been going through some refining myself lately.    It was amazing to watch the blazing furnace turn powdered dust into crystal clear glass.  Removing all impurities.  It takes a hot fire to do that.  I can feel God burning away my impurities - my self-centeredness, my control freakniness, my worries and anxieties.  Letting Him put me in the flame is the hard part, but then He does all the work.



The other thing about the refiner's fire is that it makes the glass mold-able.  You should see the way you can stretch it, blow air into it and form it.   You can add color.  Friends, God desires to mold us into beauty.  I want to let Him.

Jesus died and rose again in order to refine us.  He never said it would be pain free, but I know for sure it's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment